Practical Electronics (F3185)
In this course we will explore fundamental concepts in electronics such as:
- DC Circuits Introduction: Ohm's Law, Non-Linear circuit elements, Oscilloscopes;
- Capacitors RC circuits, differentiator, integrator, low pass filter, high pass filter, blocking capacitors, LC filter;
- Diode Circuits LC resonant circuit, half wave rectifier, Full wave bridge rectifier, ripple, signal diodes, diode clamp, clamp limiter;
- Transistors Introduction, emitter follower, current gain, current source, transistor switch;
- Op-amps Introduction, inverting amp, non-inverting amp, follower, current to voltage converter, summing amp, integrator, differentiator.
Full description of the course, including details on the assessment, can be found on the Department of Physics and Astronomy's Course Directory.
Lab Scripts - description of the experiments